GATEWAY BAPTIST CHILDREN'S PASTOR/MINISTER
The Children's Pastor/Minister at Gateway Baptist will be responsible for the children from preschool to sixth grade. The Children's Pastor/Minister's responsibility includes overseeing, directing, educating, counseling and fellowshipping within each unique age group. One of the driving characteristics of the Children's Pastor at Gateway should be a dynamic personality that matches the makeup of the families within our church.
General Responsibilities and Duties
- Report and communicate with the senior leadership of the church
- Promote the vision of the Children's Ministry
- Work in conjunction with the entire staff to carry out a seamless common strategy
- Create, promote, and manage a welcoming atmosphere within the Children's Ministry
- Put into action impactful children's activities
- Facilitate Sunday Morning Bible Study and recruitment of volunteers
- Facilitate an exciting and impactful children’s church hour
- Manage the Wednesday Night AWANA activities
- Communicate to the parents of the children consistently using a variety of media
- Maintain Children's Ministry budget and reports
- Maintain an active base of adults that are part of a volunteer rotation.
- Show interest in home relationships. Be available for family counseling to children and parents
- Develop and implement a security procedure for our preschool and children's ministry to ensure safety for volunteers and children.
- Timely follow through with all people who sign up for ministry opportunities and activities
- Work in conjunction with the Student Ministry to bridge incoming students
- Other duties that the Senior Pastor may call upon to perform.
- Theological training
- Technical skill in audio engineering
- Website upkeep
- Computer skills, including Mac and Windows
- Proficiency in Pro-Presenter software
Current Activities that the Children's Pastor/Minister are involved in:
Awana, Vacation Bible School, Sunday Morning Bible Classes, Sunday morning children’s church, Impactful Activities, Back to School Nights, Summer Field Trips, Summer Camp