Part-Time Minister of Music
The Minister of Music position at Fairview Baptist Church is a part-time salaried position. The individual(s) must have a sense of calling to work with the music ministry and endeavor to bring excellence to the church’s worship of God. This person is expected to work under the leadership and authority of the Pastor and in close conjunction with the Pianist/Organist. This person must recognize their accountability to the Personnel Committee, the entire church body, and to Jesus Christ.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and duties performed.
The Minister of Music is responsible for assisting the church in planning, conducting, and evaluating a comprehensive music ministry.
- Direct the planning, coordination, operation, and evaluation of a comprehensive music ministry. This can include adults, youth, children, and special events such as Vacation Bible School.
- Assist the pastor in planning congregational services of the church; be responsible for the selection of the music.
- Be responsible for enlisting and training leaders for the church music ministry in cooperation with the Nominating Committee.
Personal and Professional Qualifications:
- Must profess faith in Jesus Christ and exhibit a commitment to sharing Christ with others.
- Must be a member or become a member of First Baptist Church.
- Music education or at least two years of experience directing congregational worship and choral groups in church worship settings or similar experience satisfactory to all related committees is preferred.
- Must possess good people skills and organizational skills.
- Must be a motivated, self-starter.
The evaluation of the performance of this position will be conducted as set forth in the latest edition of the Personnel Manual. Note: Fairview Baptist Church reserves the right to change or reassign job duties or combine positions at any time deemed appropriate. The church will notify the minister prior to any changes being implemented.