Job Description – Children’s Ministry Director
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Oversight: Children’s Ministries from Nursery, Preschool, Kindergarten through 5th grade
Ministry focus: Specifically, the Children’s Ministry Director is responsible for nursery through 5th grade, Sunday School, Children’s Church, Easter, VBS, and Fall Festival. Coordinate Wednesday night activities for summer.
Work Status: Full Time, exempt
Required qualifications: Church leadership as Children’s Director with experience in organizing and implementing programs to disciple and grow children to mature young adults with a continued heart to serve. A person of God according to 1 Timothy 3
Preferred qualifications: 2+years in children’s ministry with experience in AWANA; leadership
serving in a church similar or larger size of Andice Baptist Church.
Summary: The Children’s Ministry Director is responsible for the development, teaching and implementation of the vision and strategy for all programs, activities and educational aspects related to the Children’s Ministry of Andice Baptist Church. Children’s Ministries Director is responsible for nursery through 5th grade, Sunday School, Children’s Church, Easter, VBS, Fall Festival and summer activities. The Director leads a Christian children’s ministry to the families of Andice Baptist Church. Fostering faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and disciples them to one day become active in youth and adults. This also includes, keeping information current on the ABC Children’s Ministry Facebook page and Andice Website. The church does not provide childcare. All staff at ABC will work in AWANA.
I. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Minister to the children by being able to teach them on Sunday mornings and insuring you have adequate volunteers to fill all vacant positions
- Insure that at all times two workers are in each classroom
- Come alongside & equip parents to fulfill their roles as the primary disciple maker of their children through various programs and resources. (i.e., personal devotions, family worship, training, etc.)
- Select, evaluate, teach and implement curriculum that is theologically sound, pedagogically effective, and teacher friendly
- Effectively communicate to volunteers how their contributions support overall ministry objectives.
- Recruit, coach, assist, observe, critique, and encourage Andice Baptist Church volunteers
- Communicate philosophy and vision of Andice Baptist Church in person and in writing to parents, visitors, and general congregation
- Responsible for children’s ministry budget to include, Easter, VBS, and Fall Festival
- Ensure the safety and sanitation of the children’s wing to include, the cleaning of rooms two times a week Tue and Fridays. This includes the Mother’s Room
- All toys will be washed physically bi-weekly and sprayed twice a week with Lysol
- COMPENTENCIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Consistent personal prayer and devotional life
- Demonstrated gifts in teaching both children and adults
- Demonstrated gift of administration particularly in the area of organizing volunteers and church-wide children’s ministry events
- Ability to work with a team of volunteers, helping others to serve when needed
- Biblical and theological discernment consistent with the beliefs of Andice Baptist Church and Southern Baptist
- Ability to recruit, organize and delegate to volunteers
- Passion for ministry to children and seeing both parents and children grow in faith
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by action, attitude and behavior
- Reliable, trustworthy, self-starter, and excellent at following through on details
- Proven leadership skills utilizing a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style
- Possessing strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors, coworkers, and volunteers
- At least once a month the Director and family should worship in the sanctuary
- Exercise tact, courtesy, and diplomacy in dealing with staff, guest, parents and church members.
Colossians 4:6 Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.
- All church employees must approach duties as ministry rather than mere employment.
Colossians 3:22–23 Bondservants, obey in everything those who are your earthly masters, not by way of eye-service, as people-pleasers, but with sincerity of heart, fearing the Lord. 23 Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,
- Every employee of the church and related ministries must be willing to serve as an example in areas of conduct, service, faithfulness, and attitude.
1 Timothy 4:12 Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.
- Every employee of the church and related ministries must be willing to maintain a spirit of loyalty to Christ, the church, Senior Pastor, Associate Pastor, and Elders.
Hebrews 13:17 Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you.
IV: Special Note:
As in all positions, the pastor may alter your job description. This would only be done to increase the efficiency of church work and ministry. I have read and understand this will override anything I have been given or told in the past. I further understand that I am expected to follow my job as outlined above, and that if I have any questions concerning what is expected of me, I will speak immediately with the Senior Pastor.
Note: The church does provide Health insurance.