First Baptist Church of Smithfield, Texas is seeking a Part-time Worship Pastor. We are looking for an individual who is called, gifted, trained and has a heart to lead a congregation in a blended style of worship. For a job description, details regarding salaries, ask questions or submit a resume and three (3) videos leading worship. Please contact us (ATTN: Personnel Committee) at firstname.lastname@example.org, 7912 Main Street, North Richland Hills, TX 76182, 817-281-1820, fbcsmithfield.com.
POSITION TITLE: Worship Pastor
POSITION TYPE: Ministerial Staff
POSITION STATUS: Part-Time (Called Staff Position)
SUPERVISION: Senior Pastor
Principal Function: The Worship Pastor is responsible for the entire worship ministry to ensure a smoothly operating, safe and effective worship ministry. The Worship Pastor is to fulfill the Great Commission and the Great Commandment through the mission of the local church.
Scheduled Hours: Sunday 8:00am-12:30pm, 4:45pm-8:00pm (as church activities are scheduled)
Wednesday 8:15am-2:00pm, 5:30pm-8:00pm
- Professing believer in Jesus Christ; baptized by immersion.
- Preferably some college training
- Valid Driver’s License
- Professing a doctrine aligned with the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message statement as adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention on June 14, 2000.
General Responsibilities at FBC Smithfield:
The Worship Pastor is responsible for the following:
- In charge of overseeing and coordinating all aspects of the music ministry.
- Responsible for building a team of volunteers by interviewing and screening church members before placing them in ministry.
- Be available to counsel and pray with church members dealing with spiritual questions and decisions.
- Organize meetings for all worship ministry volunteers.
- Organize worship center and make sure that they are safe and properly cleaned.
- Select age-appropriate and Gospel-centered music of all genres and styles.
- Oversee and manage all music activities.
- Manage the Praise Team and Band.
- Hire musicians and workers and manage scheduling and meetings.
- Oversee Student Ministry Praise Team and Band and Children's Ministry Worship.
- Organize reheasals for Sunday Morning Worship.
- Plan, organize and direct Vacation Bible School Music.
- Plan, organize and sponsor Kids’ Summer Music Camp.
- Plan, organize and sponsor special concerts throughout the year.
- It will be required, as a condition of employment, to undergo a pre-employment background check as well as a nationwide credit check report
- Provide the appropriate ministry functions (pastoral care, worship services, hospital visitation, prospect contacts and home visitation, as needed.)
- Perform additional duties as required.
- Have a positive, energetic, encouraging spirit.
Skill Sets required:
- Computer proficient (i.e. Word, Excel, Email, Propresenter, (Outlook)
- People Skills – Effective communication with staff, adults, teachers, congregation.
- Printers/Copiers, calculators, laminators, fax machines.
- Telephones (including cell)
- Technology proficiency