Waddill Street Baptist Church of McKinney, Texas is seeking a part-time Minister of Worship.
Above all else, we are seeking an authentic worshipper with an obvious love for our Lord Jesus.
Applicants should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Part-time Minister of Worship is responsible for assisting the church in planning, conducting, and evaluating a comprehensive music ministry. The Minister of Worship shall be responsible for all phases of the church music. The duties of this job description are designed to help guide but will not be limited to just those areas as listed:
- Direct the planning, coordination, operation, and evaluation of a comprehensive Music Ministry.
- Coordinate the church Music Ministry with the calendar and emphasis of the church.
- Work with the Music Committee in determining music ministry goals, organization, leadership,
facilities, finances, and administrative processes.
- Assist the pastor in planning congregational services of the church; be responsible for the selection of the music.
- Provide or help coordinate the provision of music for church events such as weddings and funerals
- Lead music groups and congregational singing.
- Be responsible for enlisting and training leaders for the Church Music Ministry in cooperation with the church nominating committee.
- Supervise the work of all music leaders in the Music Ministry.
- Coordinate the ministry schedules of music groups and individuals in the functions of the church.
- Supervise maintenance of any addition to music library and equipment; provide musical materials, supplies, instruments, and other music equipment for use in the church's program.
- Create the Order of Service and Music for all regular services in conjunction with the pastor.
- Special music services periodically throughout the year. (Christmas, Easter, etc.)
- Secure all accompanists and will recommend them to the church through the personnel committee or nomination committee as appropriate.
- Serve as a member of the Church Council.
- Seek to find and develop music talent among church members in singing, playing instruments, and conducting.
- Supervise maintenance of music equipment.
- Order music supplies and equipment.
- Be directly responsible to the pastor in all matters.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.