First Baptist Church Huffman
The Children’s Minister is responsible to the pastor for coordinating and promoting children’s ministries.
The Children’s Minister is responsible to the local church body through the personnel committee for employment requirements and responsibilities.
- Enlist, train, and develop volunteer leadership in the children’s ministry.
- Plan, promote and supervise a program of education, evangelism, discipleship and activities for the children’s ministry.
- Lead in calendar planning for the children’s ministry.
- Coordinate and schedule child care as needed.
- Lead in children’s ministry in visitation/outreach to prospects and members.
- Minister to children, families, and workers in the church.
- Cooperate with the pastor and church staff in participating and promoting church events.
- Serve on committees as assigned by the pastor.
- Prepare, submit, and administer the budget for the children’s ministry.
- Accept any other responsibilities assigned by the pastor.
Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
The position of Children’s Minister
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Prefer a college degree or equivalent.
- Prefer a seminary degree.
- Requires commitment to biblical Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
- Requires experience on a church staff and other church related positions.
- Requires ability to speak, read and write English
- Requires exceptional speaking skills and the ability to speak confidently before groups.
- Requires quality leadership skills.
- Requires exceptional administrative skills including the ability to supervise, monitor, evaluate and provide feedback to staff.
- Requires the ability to listen effectively and to communicate clearly, both orally and in written form.
- Requires basic ability to use computer software.
- Requires sufficient good health to discharge duties properly.
- Requires passing criminal, financial and sexual misconduct background checks.
- Both males and females considered.