First Baptist Church, Kerrville - Job Description for Senior Pastor
- He is responsible for preaching, providing spiritual leadership and pastoral care, and leading all members in an every member minister disciple making church ministry.
- This position is a salaried and full-time position, approx. 40-45 hours per week.
- Proclaim the gospel through preaching, personal witness, and lifestyle.
- Preach a minimum of two services on Sunday mornings, and lead other services such as Sunday evening, Wednesday evening prayer meetings/Bible studies, and special events.
Equip disciples. Conduct weddings and funerals.
- Provide leadership for the observance of church ordinances.
- Know and execute the mission, vision, and values of First Baptist Church. Assist the Constitution and Bylaws Committee in developing documents and educating members.
- Lead and challenge the congregation in proclaiming the gospel in the church, to the surrounding community, and the world at large.
- Encourage the congregation and help maintain unity of Spirit in the church body.
- Become an active, contributing member of the Leadership Team, advise the Leadership Council, Deacon Body, and develop/train church leaders for ministries in their areas of responsibility.
- Oversee the planning, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of the worship services in collaboration with other staff ministers.
- Work with the ministerial team: mentor and provide spiritual guidance to staff and all task forces, committees and ministry community.
- Provide high-level leadership to the church staff to ensure staff responsibilities are being carried out successfully.
- Meet with committees as necessary.
- Hours of service will include some out-of-schedule, evenings, and weekends in accordance with what is usual and customary
Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Clear conversion experience and commitment to Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior.
- Believe the Bible as inspired, inerrant, and infallible.
- Be a graduate of a nationally recognized seminary or divinity school. ThM
- More than ten years of applicable pastoral experience. Lead pastor experience preferred.
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated leadership and team-building skills, and a servant-leader work style.
- Be in sufficient good health to discharge duties properly.
- Requires passing criminal, financial, and sexual misconduct background checks.
- Proven track record of church development
- Proven record of developing a disciple making church system
- Able to develop a whole church wide leadership training system