The Heart of WBC (Our Values)
Willow Bend Church has three core values that bring clarity to our mission and guide the direction that God has given to us as a local church.
Foundational—We are built on God’s Word and Christ’s example of ministry; it is our guide and our authority.
We are passionate about studying God’s Word and following Christ’s example by intentionally making disciples through our various ministries. We are an Elder led but member driven church - it is our members who drive the process.
Inspirational—Our Sunday morning services include thought provoking messages and uplifting worship that create opportunities to engage with God.
We are passionate about Worshiping God with an energy filled worship experience that leads us into the throne room of God with preaching that is thought provoking and conversational.
Relational—We do life together. We are a “forever-family.”
We are passionate about investing in other people. We believe in doing life together. Our goal is to be real, authentic, approachable, non-judgmental, genuine and trusting. We empower our members to create their own mission events and ministries
Youth Director Responsibilities
- Train, recruit, schedule and encourage the volunteers and contractors for the youth ministries
- Conduct background checks and interviews for all workers
- Plan purpose-driven events and regular activities that provide opportunities for outreach and expanding relationships.
- Challenge and direct the youth to be engaged in church activities and service opportunities, ie: music and drama presentations, peer leadership, personal discipling, service projects, weekly game activities, etc.
- Coordinate youth emergency plan in collaboration with the WBC Emergency Action Plan
- Pray for the WBC church body and special prayer requests
- Actively participate in an accountability group with other men/women
- Attend and participate in weekly church service
- Provide leadership of two weekly programs: Sunday morning small group Bible study and a weekly small group. Engage a volunteer team in the execution of both.
- work closely with other members of the staff (both volunteers and all vocational staff) to maintain team camaraderie and mutual support.
- Greet visitors and newcomers and answer any questions they may have
- Follow up with guests by preferred communication method to create an open line of non-threatening communication
- Utilize and maintain the WBC Breeze CRM database
- Create and develop communication for parents designed to enhance communication and further create a partnership between youth ministry and parents
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings
- Invest, invest, invest in youth, parents and families
Youth Director Qualifications
To be the director of the Youth Ministry in line with the Heart of WBC (Core Values) with a focus toward providing leadership in partnership with WBC that disciples middle and high school students, primarily to the families of WBC and secondarily to the community as outreach.
- ministry leader to all youth workers, volunteers and contractors
- work with pastors and others to provide leadership that is in harmony with WBC as a discipleship ministry
- report to Executive Pastor, who functions as the director for all Willow Bend Church Ministries
- annual performance review by Executive Pastor and ministry Elder
The Youth Director must:
- be a Christian in good standing with the pastoral leadership and in good report among the church family
- be above reproach with regard to gossip, unwholesome talk, alcohol, greed, selfishness and authority; and demonstrate a life that reflects the Fruit of the Spirit, a servant’s heart and a loving faithfulness to his/her spouse (if married).
- if married, have his/her spouse in agreement with the responsibilities of this position, and involved in and supportive of the Willow Bend family and its leadership
- understand, support and defend the essentials of Willow Bend’s theology
- exemplify a life devoted to loving God and loving others: a mature believer committed to the Word of God, a Christ-centered marriage and family, a servant’s heart, and a spirit of servanthood and compassion
- have experience in organizing and leading other youth ministries or leadership experience within another ministry area
- have experience in building, coaching and inspiring volunteers.