Principal Function: The Associate pastor of Youth and Music is responsible to the church, under the supervision of the Pastor, to develop a comprehensive program of youth education while coordinating activities and ministries for students by insuring quality teaching, training, and guidance in all youth ministries. He will also be tasked with organizing and leading our worship ministry in preparation and execution of leading the congregation in worship through music. We see this part-time position being primarily focused on Youth Ministry while bing able to help lead our church in worship.
The Position pays $25,000/year and has the option of living in the church parsonage.
- Supervise and facilitate the activities of youth ministry, such as: Youth Camp, Mission Trips, Disciple Now, Retreats, and Fellowships with the help of youth leaders.
- Assit the Pastor in planning, developing, and coordinating the congregational worship services of the church and be responsible for the selection of the music and special music.
- Work with the Nominating Committee to enlist and train appropriate workers for Sunday School, mid-week activities, and leaders in Music Ministry.
- Ensure all youth workers have been properly screened, background checks are performed, and Ministry Safe Child Abuse Training is completed annually.
- Provide proper training for all youth Ministry Leaders/workers.
- Oversee the Youth Sunday School program, ensuring that suitable age-graded Sunday School literature and supplies are ordered.
- Coordinate an outreach program for the purpose of contacting absentee and prospects.
- Design an effective prgram of Bible Study for Wednesday nights.
- Assist the pastor and staff in any way necessary to contribute to the overall purpose and ministry of the curch.
- Develop a proposed Youth Ministry and Music Minsitry budget and implement budget, when approved.
- Oversee the work of the Instrumentalists, AV workers, and praise team, while helping to oversee maintenance of Insturment and AV equipment.
- Attend Staff meetings.
- Serve on church council.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
Please contact our Lead Pastor Andrew at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.