Associate Youth Worship Minister
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH, BOERNE, TX
First Baptist Church Boerne is a gospel-centered multi-generational church family who highly values Growth Groups and living our lives on mission for Jesus Christ. In the continuous labor of nurturing our stated identity into reality for all members, the primary focus of the Associate Youth Worship Minister will be to provide ministry to youth (6th – 12th grade). The scope of this ministry will include discipleship and worship.
The Associate Youth Worship Minister will have a passion for worship and for the discipleship of students. This individual will have superior interpersonal skills, a servant’s heart, and a positive attitude. The Associate Youth Worship Minister primarily reports to the Youth Pastor and will be appraised by him. This person will be employed by the church on a full-time, exempt, salaried basis via an employment contract that specifies salary and benefits. The normal work schedule for this individual will be Sunday to Thursday, including Wednesday and Sunday evenings. There will be a need for attendance at some church meetings held in the evenings and weekends.
Qualifications for this position:
- Expressed personal faith in Jesus Christ.
- Personal integrity and a blameless reputation.
- Experience leading worship, as well as service planning and coordinating a team in worship settings.
- Bachelor’s Degree (equivalent experience will be considered); theological and biblical training encouraged.
- Relevant work experience in a church is preferred.
- Strong grasp of student culture and ministry, particularly in a multigenerational setting.
- In agreement with the FBC Boerne statement of faith.
- Maintain a lifestyle of blamelessness as described in the Lifestyle Covenant in the FBC Boerne Structure Document. This includes:
- Personal holiness with appropriate accountability.
- Right relationships and a reputation above reproach.
- Spiritual disciplines included but not limited to prayer, Bible study, and giving.
- Oversee and develop worship ministry for students. This will include:
- Lead worship in all student gatherings (Wednesday nights and other student events).
- Develop a student creative team for student gatherings. This will include instruments, vocals, and production.
- Invest in the discipleship of individuals serving on the student worship team.
- Integrate students into worship and production on Sunday morning services and other church-wide venues, both helping to develop future worship and production leaders and furthering the multigenerational focus of FBC Boerne’s mission.
- Receive direction, mentorship, and training from the FBC Boerne Worship Pastor and, as needed, the Production Director.
- Other duties as assigned (such as social media)
- Build relationships and minister to students.
- Develop relationships with the students of the church and the community to encourage them to have a growing relationship with Christ. Plan fellowships, retreats, mission trips, and other student outings. Provide Biblical guidance for students as needed.
- As discerned by the FBC Boerne Youth Pastor,
- Invest time building relationships with parents, providing encouragement and resources.
- Participate in teaching students on Wednesday nights, Sunday mornings, and other youth events and gatherings.
- Participate in Campus outreach ministry
- Learn and participate in goal-setting, planning, and administering the Youth Ministry.
- Assist the Youth Pastor in identifying, training, and encouraging volunteers in youth ministry.
- Participate in church-wide and other ministry initiatives and events as needed.
- As accomplishing the FBC Boerne mission necessitates that no ministry or minister operate in a silo, the Associate Youth Worship Minister is expected to:
- Cultivate relationships with staff and lay leaders and knowledge of other ministries and ministry plans.
- Actively participate in staff meetings and ministry meetings.
- Willingly contribute to ministry in church-wide initiatives.
- Be a team player, offering assistance and support for other ministry areas as needed.