Ministry Position Description
First Baptist Church - Groesbeck
POSITION TITLE:Children’s Minister
REPORTS TO:Senior Pastor
PURPOSE:The Children’s Minister will lead all aspects of ministries for children from birth to sixth grade. The minister will accomplish this by actively participating in decision-making, recruiting volunteers, evaluating programs and designing effective activities to enhance the spiritual growth of children while engaging parents in this work.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE:Demonstrated strong relational skills in prior volunteer or paid staff role. Demonstrated experience leading a children’s ministry in a biblically-grounded church. Skilled in assessing programs and activities for desired outcomes. Ability to develop and select curriculum to achieve desired outcomes. A completed bachelor’s degree is required. Must support the Baptist Faith and Message statement of 2000. A commitment to reside in the community is essential.
- A seminary degree specializing in Children’s Ministry.
- More than three years experience in children’s ministry leadership
- Provide oversight to all birth to sixth grade ministries.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of current and prospective programs related to children’s ministries.
- Recruit and train volunteers to support children’s ministries.
- Develop and select curriculum aligned with the vision of First Baptist Church-
- Coordinate events such as Vacation Bible School, Children’s Camp and annual Eggstravaganza.
- Develop a strategy to assist families for discipleship in the home.
- Prepare annual budget for children’s ministries.
- Participate in the development and updating of the church’s calendar to ensure effective coordination of resources.
- Work with Personnel Committee in the selection of paid workers that support children’s ministries.
- Coordinate effective outreach and evangelism strategies for children and families.
- Evaluate “best practices” and comply with current legislation related to child safety and security.
- As a member of the staff, the Children’s Minister needs to be flexible and willing to assist in various ministry areas as needed for the good of the church.