Are you passionate about seeing teenagers and college-aged young adults knowing and following Jesus more each day? Do you have a desire to see parents and grandparents realize their full potential in being the primary spiritual influences in the lives of their kids and grandkids? Do you desire to exercise and hone your skills as a bible teaching and mature as a pastor for every generation of believers?
Then we would love to talk with you about becoming our next Student & Young Adult Pastor.
We're looking for a sharp mind, a servant’s heart, and a bold voice to play a crucial role in the life of our church family.
Direct Supervisor: Lead Pastor
- Demonstrate a growing devotion and obedience to Jesus Christ.
- Participate in group-based discipleship.
- Faithfully and prayerfully teach God’s Word in a way that engages students and young adults.
- Participate in church services, church events, staff meetings, church council, and business meetings.
- Plan, coordinate, execute, and evaluate the student and young adult ministries of the church.
- Create an atmosphere of encouragement, accountability, and worship in which participants experience biblical community, lost students and young adults hear the gospel, and saved students and young adults are discipled.
- Recruit, equip, and evaluate leaders to serve within the student and young adult ministries.
- Plan and execute programs and special events (retreats, camps, mission projects/trips, etc) that align with the overall mission and vision of the church.
- Develop healthy pastoral relationships with students and young adults inside and outside the ministry.
- Actively support, attend, and participate in the students’ school events and extracurricular activities including but not limited to school lunches, sporting events, plays, and concerts.
- Prepare and administer an annual budget that reflects the goals and objectives of the ministry.
- Develop healthy relationships with parents and guardians of students that encourages and equips them in their role as the primary spiritual influencers of their children.
- If residing in the parsonage, steward the property diligently by caring for the daily upkeep of the home and land. Report any significant items (flooring, cabinetry, appliances, etc) that need to be repaired or replaced in a timely manner to the Building and Grounds Committee or Lead Pastor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.