First Baptist Church Diboll, Texas
Job Description: Minister of Worship/Discipleship
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Full Time. Minimum of 40 hours per week.
WORK HOURS REQUIRED
Office Hours: Monday-Thursday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Service Times: Sundays @ 10:30am; Wednesdays @ 6:00pm
Other hours at the discretion of the Minister; praying; studying, planning, activities, etc.
Required: Current, active member of FBC Diboll or be willing to become a member of FBC Diboll, if hired. Family members also become active members of FBC Diboll.
Desired: Degree and/or experience in leading worship. Ability to read music
- Saved and baptized believer, called to ministry
- Faithfulness in serving, evangelism, giving and personal study
- People Person, Outgoing, self-starting and organized
- A “Heart” for worship, evangelism, and discipleship
- Excellent communication skills with congregation, volunteers, and workers
Job Title: Associate Pastor – Worship and Discipleship
Pay Scale: 50K-55K + benefits
Reports to: Senior Pastor
The purpose of this position is to lead the congregation of FBC in expressing our love for God through worship while also overseeing and implementing a church-wide discipleship process as it relates to the vision of the church.
The Worship Pastor shall be responsible to the church, through the Pastor, for the development and promotion of all music programs and to assist the Pastor in general ministries of the church and other duties described below:
- The Worship Pastor is responsible for coordinating, supervising, and implementing all aspects of the music ministry at FBC Diboll, in collaboration with the Pastor.
- Coordinate the church music ministry (including worship services, special events, music and/or groups, etc.) with the church’s calendar and emphases.
- Direct the congregational singing for all church services, except when a special guest has been invited for a particular function.
- Be available to assist in planning weddings and funerals conducted in the church, suggesting selection of the music.
- Supervise the maintenance, additions and all purchases made regarding the music library, musical instruments, and supplies, in collaboration with the Pastor and the Church Council when necessary.
- Plan, manage and submit a proposed budget annually for the music ministry.
- Prepare promotional and interpretive information and media about the music ministry for the church and take steps to inform the membership and community of activities and ministries.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining all ProPresenter/Media slides related to all ministries for the church and take steps to inform the membership and community of activities and ministries.
- Work in cooperation with the Pastor and the Nominating Committee in selecting, enlisting, and training song leaders, accompanists, and other musicians who serve in the music ministry.
- Attend all meeting as requested by Pastor and Church Council
- Serve as part of the Pastoral Staff in visitation, counseling, prayer, planning, meetings.
- All other duties as assigned by Senior Pastor
- Lead First Baptist Church Diboll in a united understanding, desire, and commitment to make discipleship a foundational value of our church.
- Work alongside the Senior Pastor and Church Council to develop churchwide discipleship vision, strategy, and goals.
- Create discipleship training opportunities to equip members in transitional life stages. (i.e., Single, Marriage, Parenting, Empty Nest, etc.)
- Partner with the Children’s & Student Ministries to develop a strategy for equipping families to disciple their children through various developmental stages.
- Ensure that leaders know First Baptist Church’s vision, strategy, and goals and their role as leaders in accomplishing them.
- Work to foster an atmosphere of community in each group.
- Develop a long-term strategy for group leader development and replication
- Develop a strategy to connect members and guests to a small group that is appropriate to their current season of life.
- Work with the Senior Pastor to implement curriculum related to vision and direction.
- Assist Senior Pastor in other areas of work as requested.