Serious inquires only.
To submit an application, e-mail your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please. We promise to acknowledge your submission and notify you of the final decision.
The Minister of Music and Youth is responsible to the Pastor for planning, organizing and promoting a music program geared towards developing a more intentional time of corporate worship. He needs to be able to lead a choir of 15-20.
The minister will also be responsible to teach and disciple the youth, plan and organize social activities for the youth, and promote the youth ministry of NOBC. In addition, the minister will assist the Pastor with various administrative and ministerial tasks as assigned by the Pastor.
- Assist the Pastor by planning and conducting the worship services of the church.
- Direct and lead the church choir, conduct regular rehearsals, organize and direct other music groups such as vocal and/or instrumental ensembles, and for special music.
- Provide music for funerals as needed.
- Enlist and train leadership needed for the church music ministry, including maintenance of music library, materials, and supplies.
- Supervise the technical aspects of the music ministry working alongside the existing volunteer staff (audio, video etc.).
- Teach the youth on Sunday morning Sunday School, Sunday evening Bible Study and Wednesday evening Bible Study.
- Assist in pastoral visitation.
- Work with the Pastor to provide Pastoral care for the Youth Ministry family (youth, parents of youth, and youth leaders).
- To live a Christ-centered and Spirit-empowered life.
- To possess the ability to lead, motivate and influence others.
- To have strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- To be adaptable to changing environments.
- To maintain the highest level of personal integrity.
- To possess a servant’s heart.
- To be obedience in tithing as a Biblical principal.
- To be a member of North Oaks Baptist Church.
Education: Master’s or Bachelor’s in either music or theology.
Experience: 3-5 years is preferred, but consideration will be given to education.