Calvary Baptist Church, 4111 Airport Ave, Rosenberg, Texas 77471
Please email resume and demo videos to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Worship Pastor
- Prepare for and lead music segment of all worship services, rehearsals, and special events.
- Work with the Senior Pastor to plan worship services and stage configurations.
- Develop a process to regularly find and deploy new volunteers in the church’s worship ministry.
- Shepherd, train, manage, and care for volunteer worship teams.
- Work with youth and children’s ministry leaders to find worship leaders for age-graded worship experiences within the church.
- Oversee all age-specific music ministries in the church.
- Look for ways to inspire non-musical worship experiences for the church body.
- Oversee church’s worship tech ministry.
- Oversee the maintenance of all musical instruments owned by the church.
- Prepare and administer Worship Arts Ministry budget.
- Be available to preach and teach the Bible in adult worship services when asked.
- Participate in all staff meetings as a member of the church council.
- Participate in general pastoral duties as needed (weddings, funerals, counseling, etc.).
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Bachelor’s degree or working towards degree in music arts, preferably Christian music arts.
- Experience leading worship in a similar church setting.
- Demonstrated skills as a vocalist.
- Demonstrable skills in congregational worship engagement.
- Broad knowledge of Christian worship music across multiple styles and generational tastes.
- Proficient in reading music.
- Ability to work with people of varying ethnicities, socio-economic levels, and generations.
- Understanding of and willingness to serve within the doctrinal beliefs of the church
- Lifestyle congruent with biblical requirements for leaders in 1 Timothy 3:1-13; 2 Timothy 2; Titus 1:5-9.
- Commitment to the mission of the church.
- Growing Christian faith and character.
- A calling to pastoral ministry.
- Position classification: Part-time/bi-vocational
- Type of position: Salaried
- Time required: 20 - 30 hours per week
- Directly reports to: Senior Pastor