Part-Time Choir Leader
First Baptist Church—Granbury, Texas
Scope: The Part-Time Choir Leader works with and reports to the Worship Pastor in all aspects
of the blended worship service. This is a part-time salaried position. The working hours of the
Choir Leader are coordinated with the Worship Pastor. Hours to be worked include; leading the
Choir Service Sundays (9:30-10:30am), practice with the choir and instrumentalists (currently
6:30-7:30pm Wednesday evenings), working with the sound, lighting, and video team. These
duties typically require 10-12 hours each week.
Primary Focus: The primary responsibility of the Choir Leader will be to plan, coordinate, and
lead weekly blended worship service for the members of the church. This role will include
coordinating music with members of the choir and instrumentalists, providing lyrics and tracks
(as needed) to audiovisual support staff, interacting with other staff members, and coordinating
service themes or studies with the pastor who is teaching each week. As the leader of blended
worship, the Choir Leader prays, sings and interacts with the choir and instrumentalists, Senior
Pastor, and church members to ensure the service flows as smoothly as possible from
beginning to end. It is a balanced combination of spiritual, musical, and presentation objectives.
* Select music for Sunday worship and input this info in Planning Center Online (coordinating it
with the Sunday’s sermon).
* Find chords, lyrics and copyright info for all music and print for rehearsal/worship service for
* Lead/produce practice with choir and instrumentalists each week.
* Arrive by 8:15am on Sundays to ensure set up and to begin promptly as well as end promptly.
* Lead worship 9:30am Sundays.
* Maintain instruments, repairs, and worship needs.
* Filing music
* Assist the Senior Pastor with caring for the people you lead.
* Coordinate with the Contemporary Worship Pastor the use of A/V, the worship center,
* Coordinate with the Contemporary Worship Pastor in coordinating the overall music budget
* In the event of an absence on Sunday mornings, coordinate with the pastoral staff in finding
someone to lead the 9:30am service.