We are seeking an individual who will be responsible for the Youth Ministry at Calvary Baptist Church. A candidate must have a personal testimony of salvation, a teachable spirit, and a calling to minister Grace to the people God brings into their life. Above all else, this person will be a Spirit-led follower of Jesus Christ with a passion for youth and a clear calling to our church. A desire to lead worship would be beneficial. This position will be classified as a full-time position – but the church will understand if there is a need to be bi-vocational based on current financial needs.
* Gifted and called to youth ministry, loves young people, and has a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level.
* Some prior leadership experience in a growing youth ministry and has experience in middle school/senior high youth ministry, and basic administrative skills.
* Possesses qualities needed for a youth ministry; for example, has a sense of humor, energetic, and authentic.
* Is an engaging teacher, with a strong biblical foundation, who is in agreement with Calvary Baptist Church’s Statement of Faith.
* Organized, prepared, punctual, proactive, self-starter with a positive attitude.
* Desires to continue their education or possesses a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
* Willing to become an engaged member of the Calvary Baptist Church community.
* Thrives within a team environment; with the pastoral staff, the deacons, church staff, committee members, and volunteers.
* Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision; flexible to changes in procedures and/or direction.
* Demonstrates a strong interpersonal and written communication skills
* Possesses strong computer skills & familiarity with social media tools and their use for ministering to youth.
* Lead staff efforts to maintain the youth ministry social media presence i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
* Has basic experience working with AV, multimedia, tech and presentation software.
* Ability to lead worship is desirous and beneficial.
We are a growing church in Port Acres division of Port Arthur, Texas. We are currently averaging around 65 on Sunday Morning Worship. Pastor Blake has been with us almost 2 years and we are seeing some growth in all areas of the Church. Our Youth have some wonderful volunteers that have been teaching and leading them for a few years. The Youth Department averages around 8-10 on a Wednesday Night. Our Minister of Music has retired recently, and we currently do not have a piano player. We are preparing the field for growth and are excited for what God will do through Calvary in our community.
Contact the pastor for any questions or to submit your resume
Calvary Baptist Church
2208 Canal St.
Port Arthur, TX 77640
Church Office - 409-736-1400
Pastor Cell - 409-217-2146
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook - @CalvaryPortAcres
Website - www.calvaryportacres.org