Shady Oaks Baptist Church City: Hurst, Texas
Southern Baptist Church Size: 251-400
The Minister to Students is a full-time pastoral position who will primarily provide leadership, direction, and oversight to the students from seventh to twelfth grade. This ordained or licensed minister will reflect a dedicated life to Jesus Christ and is expected to commit themselves fully to the vision, partnering with the staff and future of Shady Oaks BC.
- To report to the Minister of Families and work collaboratively within her leadership
- Maintain a team approach to ministering to the 7th – 12th graders and their families
- Overall supervision and leadership to the Student Ministry and ministry volunteers
- Provide opportunities for spiritual growth in the students through weekly Sunday life groups, weekly mid-week programming, year-round activities, and discipleship that helps launch students into the world around them to shine brightly for Christ.
- Facilitate outreach for students and their families
- 3 to 5 years of full or part-time experience on a church staff
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required and preferred to have a master’s degree or working toward completing a master’s degree in a relevant field
- Demonstrate a calling to working with students, their families and ministry volunteers
- Strong ability to dynamically communicate and build strong relationships to male and female 7th through 12thgraders
- Have a working knowledge of multi-media skills as well as proficiency with using social media as an outreach/communication tool
- Organized, prepared, punctual, proactive, self-starter with a servant leadership mindset
About Shady Oaks
We are a Southern Baptist church located in Hurst, TX (pop. About 40,000) part of the Mid-cities of the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. We are a church of 300+ that is striving to minister to an ever-increasingly diverse community. We exist to grow God’s family by building Christ-centered homes. We accomplish this by gathering in worship, growing in faith, going and serving, and multiplying disciples.
- Send a resume and a one-page cover letter to email@example.com