Preschool Ministry Director
The Preschool Ministry is part of the NextGen Ministry of Southcrest Baptist Church. The purpose of the NextGen
Ministry at Southcrest is to help people find their greatest pleasure and purpose in Jesus.
Core Values of Southcrest:
Faithfulness, Generosity, Authenticity, Equipping
NextGen Pastor and Senior Pastor
Description of Responsibilities:
May include but are not limited to the following:
- Model and encourage spiritual growth, proper personal priorities, and healthy relationships.
- Work alongside parents to encourage and equip them as the primary disciple makers of their children.
- Collaborate on common goals among the NextGen team.
- Foster a healthy team environment.
- Lead follow up strategy for visitors and assimilate new members.
- Work alongside the NextGen Ministry -- create and implement a strategic plan for the spiritual
formation of all children and leadership that is aligned with the mission, vision, objectives and
goals of Southcrest Baptist Church.
- Lead out in vision and direction of the Preschool Ministry working alongside other ministries.
- Supervise the Southcrest Preschool Ministry staff (currently 2-3 other full-time staff). Develop a healthy
atmosphere among the team and foster strong relationships and open dialogue with each staff member.
- Provide direction in placing leaders/volunteers in their area of giftedness. (Includes Sunday morning
volunteers/staff, Wednesday night volunteers/staff, MOPs, Crest Care and KDO.)
- Prioritize leadership development of paid and volunteer staff.
- Oversee the Preschool Ministry goals, budgets, and use of facilities.
- Develop an annual budget for all Preschool Ministry initiatives and encourage our team to stay within our
budgetary constraints for each line item. Assess ministry monetary needs and take appropriate action in
securing these resources when necessary.
- Coordinate, support, and oversee all ministries within the Preschool Ministry. (Sunday mornings,
Wednesday nights, MOPs, Crest Care and KDO.)
- Provide and vet all curriculums for each program in the Preschool Ministry. (Sunday mornings,
Wednesday nights, MOPs, Crest Care and KDO) Curriculums should be doctrinally accurate, age
appropriate, and aligned with the mission and vision of our ministry and church.
- Plan, execute, and give direction to special events throughout the year.
- Be available for counseling and support of children and their families as the need arises.
- Work with the Communications Department in the conceptualization, design and drafting,
production and distribution of all communication (printed materials, video presentations, web
- Attend all required staff meetings and complete forms/reports in a timely and concise manner.
- Must have flexibility to accept and execute other duties as assigned.
- Standard workweek is Sunday-Thursday (Days off are Friday & Saturday)
- Monday-Thursday | 8:30am-5pm
- Wednesday Nights | 5:30pm-8pm (AWANA)
- Sunday Mornings during all services
- This position is a full-time position. Extended hours may be required occasionally to meet the needs of your ministry area.
Qualifications, skills, and giftings:
- A vibrant, growing personal relationship with Jesus.
- Has an understanding of Preschool Ministry as a foundational ministry of the church.
- Knowledge of developmental stages for birth-5 years old and ability to choose and implement
appropriate programming for those stages.
- Ability to relate to parents of preschoolers.
- Committed to vision, values, and beliefs of the church.
- Active tither
- Evidence of Christ-like attitude in words and actions.
- Team oriented - able to lead, cast vision, and work with a large group of volunteers and other Preschool
- Communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in basic computer skills and software systems.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum or 3-5 years experience in leading a Preschool Ministry or similar leadership experience.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A) from a four year college or university; and one to two years related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Seminary training preferred.