Walnut St. Baptist Church, Winnsboro, TX, is seeking a full-time Youth Director.
The Youth Director is to be relatable to teens and understand their culture to the best of his/her ability. Of primary concern for this position (aside from meeting biblical qualifications) is the Youth Director must have a healthy and active personal relationship with Jesus and a desire to biblically disciple teens.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Plan and direct regular Wednesday night ‘youth group’/worship service
- Plan and coordinate camp(s) and other extra youth activities
- Form and implement a system for making disciples among students
- Prioritize connecting with and involving parents of students
- Manage student ministry budget
- Proper time management as warranted for ‘full-time’ position designation
- Involvement/attendance at student events/activities (when possible)
- Regular Sunday worship service attendance
- Regular attendance and involvement in church activities/events
- Driver/rider for Wednesday night van/bus route
- Recruit and train youth workers/volunteers to assist youth director
- Encourage students to become active members of Walnut St. Baptist Church, including being involved in Sunday School and other church-related activities
- Cooperate with other ministries within the church and with other youth ministries in the community (when possible)