Denomination: Southern Baptist
Weekly Attendance: 1800
Location: Sumter, SC
The Role: Pocalla Campus Pastor
Meet Alice Drive Baptist Church:
Alice Drive Baptist Church (ADBC) began in 1956 as a mission on the western side of Sumter, South Carolina. For the first 40 years of its existence, the church was a typical, average-sized Southern Baptist Church. Clay Smith became pastor in 1994, and since that time, the church has been blessed with remarkable growth. The church relocated in 2001 and became multi-site in 2017. ADBC is an atypical, multi-generational, and multicultural Southern Baptist congregation in a unique demographic environment.
Alice Drive is a place of grace, welcoming people from all walks of life. ADBC values children, students, and families and believes the Bible adds value to real-life situations. Alice Drive Baptist Church wants everyone to know Jesus in a personal, experiential way and learn what their Next Step is in their walk with Him.
About the Pocalla Campus Pastor:
Alice Drive Baptist Church is seeking a Campus Pastor to help fulfill the mission of the church by leading the Pocalla campus of ADBC.
The Pocalla Campus Pastor Will:
- Create a growing and thriving campus of Alice Drive Baptist Church (ADBC).
- Reproduce and advance the ADBC culture at the campus.
- Champion and build organizational alignment around and through the mission, vision, values, leadership values, and doctrinal statements of ADBC.
- Oversee the implementation of the goals, calendars, and budgets of all ministries at the campus.
- Oversee the campus staff and in so doing, create a healthy staff team environment and leadership culture.
- Empower the congregation to reach the surrounding community with the gospel.
- Minster with all church groups in touching our community by providing, preparing, and training people for servant evangelism projects and missional involvement.
- Provide pastoral care to campus members.
- Problem solve and shepherd congregational matters.
- Participates in and attends all regular church worship services and activities.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- 7+ years of ministry experience required
- Multi-site experience preferred
- Must possess an applicable bachelor’s degree
- Seminary education preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be a believer of Jesus Christ and demonstrate a Christ-like attitude in performing all work in order to exalt our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- Must embrace the core values associated with the church and staff.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. A high degree of accuracy is expected with regard to communications, both written and verbal.
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and tactfully with others and be able to submit to the spiritual authority of the Lead Pastor.
- Must be able to work effectively in a dynamic and changing environment. A positive outlook and approach to problem-solving is essential.
- Must be a self-starter who is able to work with limited supervision.
- Must be able to accept direction from Central Campus leadership in age-graded, group, and worship ministries.
- Must excel in ministry commitment, conduct, and professionalism.
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people relating to every demographic.
- Ability to change and work in a dynamic, growth-oriented environment.
- Highly relational and empathetic leader who believes in the mission and vision of ADBC.
- High emotional intelligence with excellent interpersonal communication and people skills.
- Proven track record of growth and vitality in the areas of discipleship and assimilation.
- Possesses a driven and motivated demeanor, and a “go-getter” mentality.
- Ability to deal with critical issues, regular disruptions, and emotional individuals.
- Must be able to maintain control under pressure.
What It's Like to Live in Sumter, South Carolina:
Sumter, South Carolina is a unique, vibrant city with charm and character. Home to the 9th Air Force and the 3rd Army, its economy is bolstered by a robust manufacturing base. Sumter has the fastest growing household per capita income among South Carolina metropolitan areas. Home of the world class Quixote Golf Course, Sumter sits at the headwaters of Lake Marion, one of the finest fishing lakes in North America. South Carolina has the nation’s longest deer season, making Sumter an ideal place for an outdoor sportsman. The median age in Sumter County is lower than the national average. Many families find Sumter to be a great place to raise their children, taking advantage of gifted programs in public schools and several excellent private schools. Many people come to Sumter thinking it is a stop on the way to somewhere else and stay a lifetime.