Worship Minister (PT/FT)
Clear Lake Baptist Church is prayerfully pursuing a worship leader to join our team to oversee the planning, preparation, and leadership of our Sunday worship services and to further equip church members to use their gifts and abilities to worship God.
The Worship Leader will lead Clear Lake Baptist Church to worship God in Spirit and in truth (John 4:23-24). The Worship Leader will be used of God to encourage the entire church family in a lifestyle of worship. The Worship Leader will facilitate an inviting and vibrant atmosphere where our church and the larger community can engage in worshiping God.
• Working approximately 20-25 hours weekly.
• Plan worship for our Hymn Service and Contemporary Service that inspires engaging corporate worship in a way that brings glory to God and reinforces sound biblical doctrine.
• Lead others into worship with the proper heart and spirit on stage and have a heart of worship that is reflected in overall lifestyle and spiritual leadership.
• Give leadership to all aspects of worship and preparation including media, lighting, audio, staging, care of instruments, & planning center.
• Recruit and develop an increasing pool of gifted volunteer musicians and vocalists with a desire to be involved in leading worship who are faithful followers of Christ.
• Coordinate with Lead Pastor in creative and strategic worship planning.
• Assist in planning and leading other music and worship related services including special events, weddings, and funerals/celebrations of life.
• Work with lead pastor to prepare office and support related budgets.
• Connect new members to areas of ministry.
• Collaborate with staff and members to advance the mission and vision of the church under the leadership of our Lead Pastor.
• The worship leader will report to the lead pastor and perform other job duties as directed.
General Staff Character Commitments:
• Personal Faith: Committed to growing closer to Christ in both knowledge and affection.
• Pursuit of Personal Holiness: Committed to godliness of character, respectful to outsiders and authority,
self-controlled, gentle, trustworthy, gracious, loving and sensitive to the needs of others.
• Faithful, Available, Intentional, Teachable and Healthy: Faithful to steward what God has given. Available to be used by God and to use all that you have, to accomplish His will. Intentional in your efforts to Glorify God.
• Be active and growing in personal evangelism, disciple making, and missions.
Please Note: This position is posted as Worship Minister (PT) but has the potential to move to a full-time position with added responsibilites. This combined full-time position could be: Worship and Student Minister or Worship and Communications Minister.
Please submit your resume through ChurchStaffing or via email to Mark Montes at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your application, please include the position(s) you would like to apply for.
Worship Minister Job Description