Position Title: Administration Support Associate
Date Prepared: October, 2020
FLSA Status: Salary
Time Requirement: Full Time 36 Hrs. per Week
Standard of Christian Commitment
The divine mission of Glenview Church mandates that all personnel must demonstrate a commitment to Jesus Christ and to the purposes of Glenview Ministries. Every employee shall be a verifiable active member of a local church of believers in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. It is expected that conduct becoming a follower of Jesus Christ and based on biblical scripture will be portrayed in the community as well as at work.
To support church staff through administration, technology, finance, facilities, vendors and other projects as needed.
Essential Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Shelby Software Management – Maintaining and overseeing Shelby Membership and Shelby Giving modules.
- Maintain all keys and records of key and alarm codes given to staff, volunteers, etc.
- Maintain and monitor approved driver list for church buses along with vehicle key check out, and trailers. Process driver record checks as required. Make sure vehicles have current state tags and proper paperwork for travel.
- Help with coordination of maintenance and building services needs with proper departments.
- Work with Ideal Impact and church staff as energy coordinator for scheduled heating and cooling of building.
- Work with Executive Pastor, Maintenance/Building Services staff and IT staff on current vendor contracts for leases, maintenance and purchases (i.e. copy machine leases and maintenance, phone systems, cameras, IT and janitorial supplies, etc.). Interface with all vendors and maintain vendor files and contracts.
- Post individual weekly contributions that come in through regular Sunday offerings, E-giving and staff payroll contributions. Keep contribution postings current.
- Print and mail year-end contribution statements.
- Regular upkeep of contribution envelope list, including adding or deleting as necessary and sending bi-monthly lists to the envelope company.
- Collection of weekly departmental deposits from safe, combine all individual deposits into one general deposit. This includes transferring the prepared weekly tithe deposit and delivering to local bank branch.
- Weekly transfer from E-giving account to regular operating account and disbursement, via deposit slip, to appropriate funds. Maintain E-giving vendor communication and resolve issues.
- Support Executive Pastor as needed with preparation for Finance and Personnel Committee meetings, maintain Policy and Procedures Manual, PO preparation, weekly staff agendas, etc. Prepare and send out weekly financial reports and prepare monthly reports for Finance and Personnel Committee meetings.
- Troubleshoot minor issues with phone systems, copiers, camera systems, internet and computers, etc. affecting Glenview staff. Working with IT management vendor and other vendors as needed for above services.
- Maintain minutes for all Committees, send out meeting notices and prepare for committee meetings, as well as Safety Team and Pit Crew/Ushers.
- Back up for Human Resources and Payroll.
- Participate as a team member of the business administration staff, faithfully support, and work in good spirit and cooperation, with all church staff.
- Cooperate in the performance of any other duties when asked.
Skills / Requirements
- Proficient with ShelbyNext Membership, Giving and Financial software.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exhibit exemplary social skills and ensure considerate interactions with all members and guests.
- Must enjoy interacting with a diverse group of people from all backgrounds and age groups.
- Exhibit a humble, patient, and collaborative spirit in order to create a healthy and vibrant work culture with the staff team.
- Possess a strong work ethic and initiative.
- Ability to multi-task, pays attention to detail, and be a team player.
- Expectation to strive for personal and professional growth in leadership and general ministry effectiveness.
Qualifications / Education:
- Educational Requirement - High School Graduate - Mandatory
- Experience - 1-2 Years ShelbyNext - Preferred
- Administrative Assistant – 2-4 Years Experience - Preferred
- Successful completion of background check, MVR, and credit check may be required.
- Accountable to: Executive Pastor
Exposure to Confidential Information
- Physical able to sit and stand for long periods of time,
- Able to use computer and move about office to interact with other staff members,
- Able to attend meetings and work full-time on site,
- Able to climb and lift up to 20 pounds to perform tasks that may be assigned in the course of operations.
- Must be able to carry up to 15 pounds of parts and equipment.
- Must be able to perform occasional overhead reaching, bending, stooping, twisting, and kneeling.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to stand, kneel, crouch, climb and balance, walk and use hands to handle, or feel.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.