We are happy to announce that, in light of God blessing our ministries here at FBC-Vivian, we are currently searching for a Director of Children's Ministry! It is a wonderful opportunity for our children and parents to receive another element of discipleship and structure, and we cannot wait to see who God has in store for the job. Please, read the short job description below, pray for God's guidance, and apply!
Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Must have a passion and desire to teach and mentor children with patience and an accepting heart.
Preferably have an educational background in Bible Studies, Elementary Education, or another related field and/or experience and training in a similar position.
1. Direct, plan, and coordinate for these ages: infants through 6th grade. Programs and events to oversee include: 1. Sunday morning nursery (infants) and extended session (Preschool), 2. Wednesday night nursery (infants), Mission Friends (Preschool-Kindergarten), & Children's programs (1st-6th grade). 3. Vacation Bible School. 4. Children's Summer Camp. 5. All other events tailored towards children.
2. Create and effectively manage the children's ministry budget.
3. Recruit, train, and pray for new and preexisting children's ministry volunteers.
4. Provide parents with practical discipleship materials to use at home with their children.
5. Assist and participate in visitation programs, both to children's homes and to local schools.
6. Exercise wise judgment and confidentiality in and out of the workplace.
7. Be competent in implementing new programs and multi-tasking.
8. Be an ex-officio, non-voting member of all church committees and teams.
9. Be a member of the church council.
10. Work under the supervision of the pastor.
11. Work a 40-hour week (includes "after hour" children's activities).
Ways to apply:
Apply on this platform towards our job listing, or bring a physical copy of your resumé to the church office @ 311 N. Pine St., Vivian, LA 71082.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the church office @ 318-375-3245.