Champion Fellowship (SBC/SBTC) in Brenham, TX, is passionate about honoring God through worship and is currently looking for the next full-time worship leader/pastor our Lord has set aside to take a lead role in accomplishing His vision. He will lead the congregation to a Christ-centered heart for worship that is God-honoring in all areas. The Worship Leader/Pastor leads all areas of worship to include musicians, vocalists, and the supporting areas of sound, lighting, video, etc. that are a part of the overall worship ministry. He will also serve as a spiritual leader and mentor to those involved in the ministry and to the congregation at large, which necessitates healthy relationships with all involved.
Spiritual maturity is paramount for this position.
This is a full-time salaried position that reports to the Associate Pastor.
- Fulltime experience working within a local church with multiple staff members in addition to yourself and the lead pastor.
- Experienced in contemporary worship leadership that includes musicians and vocalists.
- Ability to meet people where they are at and to assess needs related to the Gospel.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Pro Presenter, Wirecast, and similar software.
- Experience with electronic equipment required for worship such as soundboards, lighting, live streaming of worship services, video, etc.
- Ability to recruit, encourage, and lead team members to lead a worship service with God-honoring excellence.
- Effective organization and interpersonal skills.
Experience: Minimum of five years of Worship Ministry leadership experience.
Qualifications: College degree expected with a seminary degree desired.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Oversee all areas of the Sunday morning worship:
Examples and areas of support include, but are not limited to:
- Prayerfully assess the needs of the overall ministry and implement in coordination with the Lead & Associate Pastors.
- Recruiting/inviting volunteers to serve throughout the ministry.
- Cast a compelling vision for the worship ministry within the mission of Champion Fellowship while recruiting and training volunteers.
- Facilitate opportunities for spiritual growth for those in the ministry.
- Ministry budget submission and approved budget management.
- Planning in advance, meeting with leaders, soliciting staff input, and becoming aware of new worship opportunities available and alongside the pastoral leadership, help the members of the congregation grow into committed followers of Christ.
- Keep the staff updated on ministry activities and opportunities.
- Coordinate with outside agencies as needed to facilitate ministry activity.
- Initiate background checks on all volunteers.
- Worship growth:
- Ensure a variety of worship songs are available, so there is not an excessive repetition of a few select songs.
- Have a sufficient number of volunteers available for every worship event.
- Prayerfully seek ways to expand the ministry as an outreach into the community.
- Worship integrity:
- Prayerfully select songs that are theologically accurate and help facilitate the spiritual growth of the congregation.
- Shepherd the worship team; serve as the pastor they desire to go to first.
- Digital media:
- Endure worship services are available for live stream over various internet sources, and that same services are archived for review or retrieval at a later date.
- Have sermon text/illustrations as needed by the speaker for each worship service or event.
- Assist in and support the numerical and spiritual growth of the church.
Champion Fellowship offers a very competitive salary and benefits package. Salary is negotiable and is based on education and experience.
If you believe that God is leading you to Champion Fellowship, before sending your resume, review our web page and become familiar with our statement of faith, distinctives, ministries, leadership, etc. Additionally, review our Facebook page, browse available information on Brenham, TX, and Washington County.
If you desire to submit a resume, please send it to email@example.com which is where all communication is to takes place until the team contacts you for additional information.
In addition to your resume and supporting information, please include web links where the team may review your leading worship. Please provide links for live feed as well as archived services. Without these web links, your resume will not be considered.