FBC Sweeny - Associate Pastor Of Youth
The Associate Pastor will be responsible for overseeing the youth ministry, as well as assisting the Lead Pastor in the teaching and discipleship ministries of the church.
- Direct and oversee all activities of the youth ministry.
- Enlist and train volunteers to help in the youth ministry.
- Plan and coordinate youth events and activities such as summer camps, mission trips, times of fellowship, etc.
- Work with the children’s minister to oversee the direction of discipleship in a family ministry context.
- Work with children’s minister to help assist in the need of youth volunteers for children’s events such as VBS.
- Help connect the families of youth to the other ministries of our church.
Teaching and Discipleship Ministry
- Work with Lead Pastor on assisting in the preaching/teaching ministry of the church.
- Help assist in the discipleship of the church through overseeing the direction of small group classes and bible studies.
- Help identify potential outreach ministries for church growth and making disciples.
- Help with any missions or outreach efforts that are lead by the church at large.
- Work in connection with the pastor to ensure the ongoing ministry and operations of the church.
- Be a team player with the rest of the staff and promote the mission of the church to share the gospel and make disciples.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in youth ministry preferred.
- A Bachelors degree in Christian Ministry (or related field) is preferred
- Must pass background check, child safety training, and have valid DL
Hours: This is a Full Time position. The associate pastor is expected to work office hours M-TH (8:30-4:30).
Responsibilities also entail Wednesday and Sunday Services each week.