THE PARISH CHURCH
LEAD PASTOR & ELDER BOARD
THE PARISH CHURCH - DENTON
The Children’s Director is a humble, poised, and catalytic leader responsible for pastoring the children of The Parish Church, equipping their parents and providers to disciple their children, supervising the Children’s Ministry team, and providing leadership to the volunteers of the ministry. The Children’s Director will serve the church by aligning to the vision and mission of The Parish.
- Oversee Children's Ministry by leading the Children's Ministry volunteers, creating and sustaining scalable systems for communication, implementation of curriculum, events, and training initiatives, and providing vision and innovation for the growth and expansion of the ministry.
- Recruit, train, and encourage the volunteers of the Children’s Ministry. The Children’s Director will constantly energize and inspire the volunteers of the ministry by fostering an environment where people are happy to serve and be fulfilled in their work.
- Develop an ethos within Children’s Ministry that constantly partners with parents. The Children’s Director will see themselves not only as a shepherd of kids but as a shepherd, equipper, and encourager of parents. Innovating and implementing training events, family events, and communicating vision will be atop the Children’s Director’s mind.
- Maintain a presence during weekend services within the Children’s Ministry environment along with occasional presence for the main worship auditorium as needed.
- Oversee the process of camps, mission trips, and any other outreach events that may be planned through the Parish Kids team.
- Oversee Sunday Gatherings through the Parish Kids volunteers by creating an excepetional front door guest experience as well as a dynamic large group kid's production for kids and families.
STRONG LEADERSHIP SKILLS - This includes strategic planning, resource allocation, and assessment. Demonstrates sensitivity and confidence in leading, serving, inspiring, managing, and equipping the staff in their tactical implementation of ministry goals.
BUDGETARY MANAGEMENT - Demonstrated capacity in management of ministry budgets.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS & COMMUNICATION - Communicate across different layers of the organization. Express optimism, faith, and encouragement in all situations.
ORGANIZATIONAL INTELLIGENCE - Capacity to understand The Parish Church ministry framework and capability to contextualize strategy in the Children’s Ministry. Able to successfully develop new and better ways to work and promotes a continuous improvement mentality. Implement change with excellence.
LEADER DEVELOPMENT SKILLS - Skilled at multiplying leaders (staff, volunteers, etc.) who can communicate and uphold the values of the Children’s Ministry. Able to supervise and lead a motivated and diverse group of people by establishing a clear vision for the team, training and developing talent, providing feedback and ensuring the proper learning for each team member.
COLLABORATIVE LEADERSHIP SKILLS - Strong complementary leadership skills in relation to the Executive Pastor and an ability to lead in concert with other leaders. Ability to integrate multiple perspectives and synthesize them into a cohesive plan.
DETAIL ORIENTED & PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS - Proven critical thinking skills. Shows attention to detail with processes and systems. Applies critical thinking and integration ability to department wide efforts. Able to provide problem-solving support. Able to successfully develop new and better ways to work and promotes a continuous improvement mentality.
ADMINISTRATION - Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and implement organizational programming and needs. Integrate multiple perspectives and synthesize them into a cohesive plan. Strong ability to support multiple projects simultaneously, with dependability and excellence.