As “a family of faith living for eternity today,” we are seeking to raise up children who place their faith in Jesus and walk according to the Scriptures. To that end, we are continuing to develop Freedom Kids (preschool - 5thgrade), a children’s ministry that combines fun and gospel proclamation. As of today, Freedom Kids’ primary programs are Sunday school (9:00-10:00am) and children’s church (during the sermon on Sunday morning, so usually 11:00-12:00am).
We have a Children’s Team that plans, coordinates, and executes every aspect of our children’s ministry. While the team is exceptional, they are all volunteers, so they lack the time needed to take full advantage of the opportunities to reach children and families in our community. We are looking for a Director of Children’s Ministry to work with and guide the Team to a greater degree of effectiveness for the glory of God.
Director’s Job Responsibilities:
- Serve as a Christlike example for all members of Freedom Fellowship
- Promote Freedom Kids inside and outside the church
- Schedule the Children’s Team members to serve in the nursery and children’s areas every Sunday and for any special events for which the church would provide childcare outside of Sunday mornings
- Communicate regularly with families and Children’s Team members
- Coordinate events with the Children’s Team
- Maintain and improve the Freedom Kids facilities
- Work with the Elders and the Children’s Team to determine curriculum for Freedom Kids
- Diagnose areas for improvement in your area of ministry and work with the Children’s Team to implement changes
- Work with the Children’s Team to manage the Freedom Kids budget
- Meeting weekly with the Lead Pastor
This role requires 16 hours of work per week, which include 4 hours on Sunday mornings and 1 hour with the Lead Pastor; the Director may set his/her schedule for the remaining 11 hours, and he/she may work remotely. This role pays $1,000 per month.
Director’s Qualifications / Skills:
- Subject to a background and reference check
- Must be able to articulate a call to ministry
- CPR certification and MinistrySafe training preferred
To apply for this position, email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are MinistrySafe trained, please include your certificate of completion in the email.