Title: College Pastor
Purpose: The college ministry is part of the NextGen Ministry of Southcrest Baptist Church. The purpose of the college ministry is to help university age students find their greatest pleasure and purpose in Jesus. The college pastor’s purpose is to create a culture and strategy in the college team and ministry that helps a growing number of college students find their greatest pleasure and purpose in Jesus.
Southcrest Core Values: Generosity, Faithfulness, Authenticity, Equipping
Responsible to: NextGen Pastor and Senior Pastor
Main Roles: Relational disciple-maker, Coach, Community Builder, Equipper
Description of Responsibilities:
May include but are not limited to the following:
- Model and encourage spiritual growth, proper personal priorities, and healthy relationships.
- Assignments from the NextGen or Senior pastor. This will include pastoral duties such as monthly hospital visits and counseling, etc.
- Work alongside other pastors for the growth and health of all Southcrest.
- Help cast the vision of the NextGen Pastor to the college team.
- Coach and lead Home Group leaders and the Home Group strategy
- Help network student and adults for godly mentorship
- Plan and preach at the monthly Tuesday Night Gathering (college gathering)
- Lead college residents and admin in healthy discipleship in their personal lives and the people they lead.
- Help plan, and lead others to plan fun outings and ministry opportunities for students. (These don’t always have to be formal.)
- Foster a healthy team environment.
- Lead follow up strategy for visitors
- Help students to serve in various ministries at Southcrest.
- Develop and update the college ministry budget.
- Be available for counseling and support as needed.
- Oversee the assimilation of new students.
- Develop and maintain healthy on campus relationships TTU.
- Work with other college ministers to help plan and execute Foundation. (This is a few meetings per year.)
- Plan and give direction to events such as Fall Retreat, Welcome Week (TTU new students), mission trips, etc.
- Meet with students for coffee and lunch to build relationships and discipleship.
- Ensure that planning and communication (internal and external) for the college ministry is done with excellence.
- Work with the administrative assistant for social media posts, emails, texts, and other forms of communication.
- Coordinate with the NextGen Administrative Assistant for systems such as F1, ServiceU, etc.
- Attend pastoral staff meetings and all-staff monthly breakfast
- Meet weekly with the NextGen team for planning and culture building.
Time Requirements: Full-time
- Mature Christian who is consistent in spiritual growth
- Extremely relational
- Ability to think strategically to creatively
- Honest about walk with God
- Ability to lead leaders with humility and encouragement
- Able to preach once a month
- Aware of struggles, temptations, and concerns of college students
- Proven email and phone communication skills
- Ability to follow leaders
- Good with people - fun, caring, conversational
- Willing to abstain from alcohol while on staff at Southcrest
- Team player
- Reliable and organized
- Adhere to the Baptist Faith and Message 2000
- Refrain from pushing personal and theological agendas
- Thorough knowledge of Bible and hermeneutics
- Trustworthy and able to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to handle difficult conversations with love and grace
Church Website: www.southcrest.org
Experience and Education:
- Minimum 3 years experience in a growing, local church ministry.
- Preaching experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required and seminary training is preferred.
For Info Contact Brandon Hays: firstname.lastname@example.org / 806-773-9008