Position Summary: Provide a comprehensive blended style music ministry consistent with the Holy Scriptures to facilitate the worship of God by his people. Oversee the overall outreach effort of the church, assisting in all areas of ministry to promote effectiveness in reaching the lost and assimilating those who desire to follow Christ into discipleship programs.
- Direct the planning, organizing, promoting, conducting and evaluating of a comprehensive blended style music ministry including the praise band, graded choirs, ensembles, vocalists, instrumentalists, and dramatists. This worship ministry should provide a meaningful worship experience reaching multiple generations.
- Lead the activities necessary for programs celebrating Christmas, Easter and other special events.
- Oversee the enlistment, training, spiritual and skill development of all personnel in the music ministry.
- Assist the Senior Pastor in planning worship services.
- Serve as a member of the Church Council.
- Work with the Stewardship Committee to prepare the annual Worship budget and manage the approved budget.
- Enlist, train, and oversee volunteers for technical areas including lighting, sound, and media ministry.
- Oversee the maintenance and security of all musical equipment.
- Mobilize, challenge, and keep the importance of reaching the lost before the congregation.
- Provide training outreach methods and equip others to be trainers for various ministries.
- Recommend effective outreach materials for all ages/ministry areas.
- Coordinate outreach and follow-up for those who have decided to follow Christ.
- Lead and oversee all activities, and act as staff liaison to the Missions Committee.
- Promote missions, partnerships, and trips available to the congregation.
- Participate in all pastoral ministry obligations. Assist with pastoral care, hospital visits, and shut-in visits, as well as attending necessary funerals and funeral visitations.
- Work with the Stewardship Committee to prepare the annual Evangelism budget and manage the approved budget.
Other Responsibilities: Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: This position will report directly to the Senior Pastor. This position will oversee all music ministry volunteers.
- Prior experience in leading a blended worship service
- Experienced in leading a choir, praise team and praise band § Degree in Music preferred
- Prior experience in an outreach ministry
OTHER SKILLS AND PERSONALITY TRAITS:
- The ability to organize and prioritize
- Strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Mature Christian
- Boldness for the Lord
HOURS: Full-time position. Required days will include Sunday and Wednesday evenings.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com