Reports to: Lead Pastor
Works with: All Staff and Elders
Start Date: Summer/Fall, 2021
The Student Minister will seek to support and accomplish the mission and vision of Redeemer Church within the hearts of students, from 7th to 12th grade, by partnering with their parents to make disciples and make much of Jesus. This includes shepherding and teaching students, equipping leaders, and ministering to families.
We believe that students are a vital part of the body of Christ. We believe they are able, and should be trained, to understand God's word, learn theology, share their faith, and experience the sanctification of discipleship within a gospel-centered community. We also value the importance of parents as the primary disciplers of their children, while not underestimating the value of students being impacted by all the body of Christ. We pray that students would treasure Jesus and glorify Him.
The student minister will oversee & implement a ministry strategy laboring toward this end.
- To see that every student is taught of the mercy, love, and immeasurable worth of Jesus.
- To foster all students' growth in their knowledge of, love for, and obedience to Jesus.
- To partner with, serve, and encourage parents, as the primary shepherds of their children.
- To introduce students to Christlike adult leaders from the church body, because relationships facilitate change.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- WEEKLY GATHERINGS – Oversee strategic discipleship structures
- DISCIPLESHIP -- Oversee strategic discipleship structures along with the student minister.
- FAMILY PARTNERSHIP -- Implement systems for encouraging families to participate in the discipleship of their student(s).
- DEVELOP LEADERS -- Recruit and train adult leaders
- EVENT RHYTHMS -- Plan, organize, and execute camps, retreats, mission, and service events.
- BUDGET. Preparation and stewardship of the Student Ministry budget.
- COMMUNICATION. Share regular & pertinent information with parents & students, via electronic communication and direct meetings, regarding events, semester calendars, etc.
- MEMBER / STAFF PARTICIPATION: In addition to office hours & Sunday ministry, staff members are expected to participate in the life of Redeemer just as any covenant member does.
- Other Duties:
- Create environments where students feel welcomed, loved, safe, and accepted.
- Participate as part of the church staff. Attend staff meetings, as possible, and work in partnership with fellow staff members.
- Pray for the Students and the Ministry
- Ability to communicate the Gospel to students and others.
- Good leadership and communication skills.
- Teachability and desire to grow and improve.
- Ability to engage and interact with students, including teaching in a large group setting
- Love for God’s people and His church, particularly students & families.
- Ability to interact with parents in a loving, gracious, and direct manner
- Ability to carry out projects/plans from conception to completion
- Team Player, enjoys building relationships, working with and leading a team
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A bachelors degree is preferred.
- Solid theological grounding / training.
- Experience in a church ministry setting, preferably with students.
CULTURE & CHARACTER
Employees of Redeemer are expected to become members of the church, fully embracing and supporting the values, mission, and vision of our church. Additionally, all Redeemer employees are expected to understand, affirm and adhere to our Statement of Faith, Bylaws, and doctrinal distinctives.
Employees should be maturing in the character qualifications of biblical church leadership -- particularly the qualities of a deacon as seen in the 1 Tim. 3:8-13. Through Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and life in the church family, employees must be teachable, humbly seeking continued growth as a follower of Christ.
HOURS / OFFICE
- Full Time – 40 hrs. per week
- Sunday morning presence / leadership
- Bi-weekly staff meeting
- Office hours are 9-5pm, Mon-Thurs
- Salary: TBD (commensurate w/ experience)
- Vacation: TBD/ See employee handbook
- Insurance stipend: Amount TBD
- 4% retirement match
- $100/month cell phone stipend