Calvary Baptist Church is seeking a Children’s Ministry Director who can provide direction for our nursery and children’s ministry. Our church has adopted a family ministry model and we believe that God is leading us to a person who can propel us forward as we pursue young families in our church. We know that God is leading the right person to this position, and our church is excited about moving forward.
The candidate for this position must be a spiritually growing individual who is dedicated to personal devotion and discipleship. They must be able to lead and organize a Sunday School program and bible study programs for nursery and children, as well as organize and lead activities for the various age groups. The Children’s Ministry director must be willing to help share in the responsibilities of the ministerial staff, and contribute ideas that can better enhance and nurture the spiritual growth and model of Calvary.
Calvary Baptist Church is nestled in the heart of East Texas in Nacogdoches, the “Oldest Town in Texas”. We are a multi-generational church that focuses on the family, the church, and the community. The Nacogdoches area boasts a population of approximately 30,000 people, while housing Stephen F. Austin State University, which has an average enrollment of over 11,000 students. We are a loving and friendly church that has been reaching our community since 1959. Our desire is to continue growing people in the gospel of Jesus Christ, so that they can be an effective witness in their family, church, and community.
- Lead the education program of both nursery and children ministry
- Train and equip leaders in nursery and children’s ministry
- Manage a ministry budget
- Be available to make pastoral care visits
- Work alongside staff in planning various church functions
- Others duties assigned by the pastor
- Bachelor’s degree (required)
- Master’s degree (preferred)
- 1-3+ years of ministry experience
- General Knowledge of child development and education
- Ability to lead and organize a Sunday school program
- Must be able to assist in duties relating to pastoral care